Hi everyone! It’s Amber. August is already over! School starts for me again in a couple of days which means I’ll have less reading time since it’s the second most important year for me (the year before I graduate, I have two school years left). Without further a do, let’s start!
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, 4 out of 5 stars. This was a solid read, I liked it very much but not enough to give it 5 stars.
- Kill the Boyband by Goldy Moldavsky, 4 out of 5 stars. I might lower the rating because this was such a weird book, not in a good way but also not in a bad way. I liked the band but the main characters were really obsessive and weird, except for the MC from whose pov we were reading. It also made me kind of embarrassed because I am too a fangirl, I wouldn’t say as bad as the MC’s but it really was a punch in the face.
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo, 3.75 out of 5 stars. Almost nothing happened until the last 10%-15% which is why this is a lower rating than most ratings. I just didn’t like it as much as the first book.
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo, 3.75 out of 5 stars. More things happened than the last book but nothing can top the first book, definitely liked this a lot more than the second book so I might lower the rating for Siege and Storm.
- The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien, 5 out of 5 stars. This book is probably the book I’ve talked most about on this blog. I finished rereading it yesterday evening and I really loved being back in Middle-Earth, now onto the Fellowship of the Ring!
Sigrid and I got a couple of books send to us which I will be reading and be reviewing in September, of course, school starts for us again so we might read the books that have to be reviewed first and then read whatever we want. These are the books I plan on reading in September:
- Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare.
- The Fellowship of the Ring by JRR Tolkien.
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan.
- Mage’s Blood by David Hair.
- Trapped in Silver by Emily Sowden (are you reading along with us in September? #TrappedinSilver).
- Weave a Murderous Web by Anne Rothman-Hicks and Kenneth Hicks.
- The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan.
That’s it for today! Let me know what you will be reading in September.