Hello everyone, January was a pretty good reading month for me because I read 4 books.
January Wrap Up
- Spellslinger by Sebastien De Castell, 4 out of 5 stars. This was a very interesting read, at first I didn’t really like it but after awhile I started to become really invested in the story and I can’t wait for the sequel! For anyone wondering, there are going to be 6 books in this series, the first 2 books, Spellslinger and Shadowblack have already been published, the third book, Charmcaster is set for publication this year.
- The Inquisition by Taran Matharu, 5 out of 5 stars. This book starts about a year after the events of the Summoner and from the beginning until the end it’s so exciting and fast-paced. I really loved this book and can’t wait for the third book to be published in Dutch (I read the books in Dutch but it’s already out in English!). I will also be writing a review for it because I just love it so much!
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan, 3.5 out of 5 stars. This book took me forever to read, especially the first half. There is a family tree at the beginning of the book but because I read it as an ebook I couldn’t flip back every time. There were a lot of characters but after I figured everyone out the story was really nice and easy to read!
- Maus (the complete Maus) by Art Spiegelman, 5 out of 5 stars. This book had me tearing up a couple of times. It’s the true story of the parents of Art who lived during the Second World War and how they survived because this is a graphic novel there are of course drawings, this aspect made it even harder for me to read. I managed though and it was such a heartbreaking story. I recommend it to everyone, this is just a must read.
I don’t really have a TBR for this month, except to finish some of the books I’ve already started.
- Lifeblood by Gena Showalter
- The Fellowship of the Ring by JRR Tolkien
- The last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli
I do plan on reading 4 books, I just haven’t figured out what fourth book to read.
Well that’s it for today!