Hi everyone! Amber here. July 31st. July went by quickly, at least for me because I’m on a holiday. First of all: Happy Birthday J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter. I can’t buy ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child’ for two weeks or something because I’m currently in Norway and not in the Netherlands. Let’s start!
My July Wrap Up:
- The Crown by Kiera Cass. I give it 5/5 stars and was pretty OK with the ending. It was a plot twist, though.
- The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey. Shocked. That’s the only word I can say to summarize the whole book. I gave this book 5/5 stars as well.
- Kil by Mel Wallis de Vries. My sister likes to read Dutch crime books and she brought this one with her to Norway. I read it, quite enjoyed it and gave it a 4/5 stars.
- The Last Star by Rick Yancey. I truly loved it. I can’t spoil too much but: Cassie for Cassiopia. I give it a 5/5 stars.
- Frostblood by Elly Blake. I went through it really quick. It was an easy read and I liked it very much. In some ways, it kinda looks like Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard but it didn’t disappoint me. I gave this books 5/5 stars as well.
- Last but not least: Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes. This book has been on my reading list for a long time, so when I stumbled across this book in a fabulous book store in Oslo, I couldn’t let myself to leave without buying the book. It was truly magnificent and I can’t wait until I get my hands on the sequel. I gave it a 5/5 stars. Also, I will review this book very soon.
As for the August TBR, I have just a few on my list but you’ll never know what books I’ll buy the next month.
- First of all, the book I’m currently reading: Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. I can’t wait to know what’s going to happen!
- Gone, The Exile by Michael Grant. This book already stood way too long on my bookshelf so I thought why not read it now?
- Inherited by Freedom Matthews. I already started reading this book a few days/weeks ago and so far I’m really enjoying it. It’s something different and I love the pirate theme.
- A song of ice and fire; A game of thrones by George R.R. Martin. I’m currently hundred-something pages in and do quite enjoy it.
Since I am not planning on reading anything else (no money), this list will probably stay until the next wrap up and TBR.