Hello everyone! Day 3 of Blogmas. Today I’ll share my top 5 favourite books of 2017 with you, these are in no particular order. Enjoy!
- One Dark Throne By Kendare Blake. Here’s a link to my spoiler review of the first book: Three Dark Crowns review. I loved One Dark Throne, it was packed with action, filled with all emotions and the characters were even better than in book one! I really can’t wait for the other 2 books!
- King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard. Here’s a link to my spoiler-free review: King’s Cage Review. As you can read in my review:This book was amazing. It was fast-paced, thrilling and the writing style is wonderful. I really liked that we now got multiple points of view and I hope the coming will have that as well.The characters were better and more complex (in a good way). The plot was well-developed and thought out and I can’t wait until War Storm. The second book is my favourite and then comes King’s Cage: it’s all very political which I love and everything leads up to a couple of big battles. Also, the ending had me shook. I truly didn’t know Evangeline’s family was planning to do this and it really was something I hadn’t seen coming.
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. This was truly a book where I expected nothing from, I read the reviews and they were pretty mixed but in the end, I really loved it.
- Stars Above by Marissa Meyer. Stars Above I just had to read, after I finished Cinder, Scarlet, Cress and Winter last year I had to read Fairest and Stars Above, both were fantastic and I loved the little parts we got to read in Stars Above, I would love to read another couple of books of the Lunar Chronicles.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. This book also really surprised me, a friend of mine really loved these book and she did a presentation about it and then I just had to read it! It was a shame that the other 2 books weren’t as good as the first one in my opinion.
What were your favourite books of 2017?